Tickets go on sale March 20th, 2017
A Celebration of Emerging Writers
509 Atlantic Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11217
The Literary Debutante Ball is a benefit that celebrates One Story, honors our Literary Debutantes, and raises a glass to our 2017 Mentor of the Year, Lan Samantha Chang. The ball will feature specialty cocktails, music, and dancing.
The highlight of the ball will be the formal “presentation” of our Literary Debutantes: nine One Story authors who have published their debut books in the past year.
- Sam Allingham, The Great American Songbook (A Strange Object), author of “Bar Joke, Arizona”
- Angelica Baker, Our Little Racket (Ecco), author of “The Feather Trick”
- Clare Beams, We Show What We Have Learned (Lookout Books), author of “World’s End”
- Julie Buntin, Marlena (Henry Holt), author of “Phenomenon”
- Anne Corbitt, Rules for Lying (Southeast Missouri State University Press), author of “The Tornado Bandit”
- Gabrielle Lucille Fuentes, The Sleeping World (Touchstone), author of “The Elephant’s Foot”
- Lisa Ko, The Leavers (Algonquin Books), author of “Proper Girls”
- Emily Ruskovich, Idaho (Random House), author of “Owl”
- Melissa Yancy, Dog Years (University of Pittsburgh Press), author of “Alas My Love, You Do Me Wrong”
Each writer will be escorted by an author/agent/editor/loved one who has been a mentor to them.
All proceeds from the Ball will benefit One Story, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and aid its mission to celebrate the art form of the short story and support the writers who write them.
No one under 21 years old will be admitted.
Higher level individual, corporate, and in-kind sponsorships are now available and most welcome. For complete details and benefits of donating to One Story, contact Maribeth Batcha at .