One Story Inc. offers educational programming for writers at every level. Our teachers have experience as editors as well as authors, and provide a unique perspective on how fiction works on the page. Classes are fun, affordable, and offer a close-knit literary community. Join us!
- January 20th - 26th: Write with One Story
Start your New Year by getting new work on the page! Join One Story Publisher Maribeth Batcha along with One Story writers and editors for this online generative writing class designed for writers of all skill levels.
- February 17th - 21st: Searching for Creativity with Hannah Tinti & Friends
Hannah Tinti delves into the creative process with a series of special guests.
- March 17th - 21st: Research, Writing, & Revelation with Maaza Mengiste
This five-day class will focus on historical research in fiction. Students will first learn practical research tips and will then put their research to use in a series of exercises.
- April 21st - 24th: Building Your Collection: A Master Class for Short Story Writers with Patrick Ryan
In this four-day online class, Patrick Ryan will guide you through the process of turning your short stories into a cohesive collection.
- June 9th - 15th: Write a Short Story with Hannah Tinti
Write a short story five sentences at a time in one of our most popular class offerings.
- July 17th - 24th: Summer Writers Conference
Join One Story online for eight days of intensive workshops, lectures, and panels with publishing professionals.
- August: Write with One Story II
One Story authors will lead generative exercises over the course of a week in this second installment of our popular online class designed for writers of all skill levels.
- October 20th - 24th: And Then the Space Robots Attack: Blending Genres for Fun & Profit with Manuel Gonzales
As genre lines begin to blur, learn how to juggle different genre expectations, blend genres effectively and convincingly, and tap into a wide variety of narrative forms and voices.
- November 10th - 15th: Write a Great Beginning with Will Allison
In Write a Great Beginning with Will Allison, you’ll spend six days learning how to craft a story opening that will make readers eager to turn the page.
- December: Interactive Fiction with Nat Mesnard
Note: Dates are subject to change.
“I can’t tell you how much I love One Story’s classes! They are professionally done and packed with valuable content. I look forward to each new offering.”
—Sylvia Schwartz, student