One Story Inc. offers educational programming for writers at every level. Our teachers have experience as editors as well as authors, and provide a unique perspective on how fiction works on the page. Classes are fun, affordable, and offer a close-knit literary community. Join us!
- January 21st - 27th: Write With One Story
Start your New Year by getting new work on the page! Join One Story Publisher Maribeth Batcha along with One Story writers and editors for this online generative writing class designed for writers of all skill levels.
- February 27th - March 2nd: Revise with Hannah Tinti
Hannah Tinti guides you through the process of revising your work.
- April 2nd - 7th: Write a Great Beginning with Will Allison
Spend six days learning how to craft a story opening that will make readers eager to turn the page.
- April 29th - May 5th: Write with One Story: Greatest Hits
Join One Story Publisher Maribeth Batcha and One Story editors for this online generative writing course designed for fiction writers of all skill levels. Each of our editors has picked their favorite generative fiction exercise from the past four years of this popular online class.
- June 4rd - 8th: Lost & Found: A New Way of Looking at Plot with Ann Napolitano
During this five-day class, Ann Napolitano, a novelist, writing teacher, and associate editor at One Story, will guide you through a four-step formula for plotting a story.
- July 19th - 24th: Summer Writers Conference (Cancelled)
Join One Story in Brooklyn for an intensive one-week experience that includes workshops, lectures and panels with publishing professionals.
- August 6th - 8th: Endings with Patrick Ryan
Learn how to craft polished, satisfying endings in this tutorial with One Story’s Editor-in-Chief.
- September 16th - 22nd: Write a Short Story with Hannah Tinti
Write a short story five sentences at a time in one of our most popular class offerings.
- October 22nd - 24th: Hit Submit: Sending Your Work to Residencies, Agents, and Literary Magazines with Lena Valencia
Designed for fiction writers of all levels, this class will answer these questions—and more—about how to present your work and yourself to the editors, agents, and selection committees on the other side of the submit button.
Note: Dates are subject to change.
“Attending the One Story workshop is the single best thing I have done for myself as a writer.”
— Kimberly Kalaja, Summer Workshop 2014
“I learned so much this week, and it was good for me in so many ways. My only regret is that I didn’t take it earlier.”
— Tara Lindis, Summer Workshop 2014
“The intimate size of the group and the talented One Story folks made for a magical week! The course had the smartest, most thoughtful group of readers I’ve ever had in a workshop.”
— Ellen Weeren, Summer Workshop 2014